What's new

Ask Lenovo E14 Gen3 BIOS password removal

Question & Answer Forums

l0rn

Registered member
Hello,

I have a Lenovo E14 Gen3 with a supervisor password that I need to remove.

I already read, that I need to solder out the KBC chip and read that with a programmer. Is that right?

The SVOD3/4 or vertyanow programmers that are recommended in this forum are 100€+ which is not an option for me. Are there cheaper solutions to solve this?

Hello,

I got the following information from the BIOS:
Model: 20Y70073GE
System-unit serial (i guess it's the S/N of the device): PF2XRBHA
System board serial: L1HF16J0604

Whether it's 32 or 16mb i can't figure out. I looked at the motherboard and couldn't identify either the bios or the kbc. If there is any resource available how to identify it i will do so.

Hello,

I got the following information from the BIOS:
Model: 20Y70073GE
System-unit serial (i guess it's the S/N of the device): PF2XRBHA
System board serial: L1HF16J0604

Whether it's 32 or 16mb i can't figure out. I looked at the motherboard and couldn't identify either the bios or the kbc. If there is any resource available how to identify it i will do so.

32mb, need backup EC MEC

Backing up the EC is probably only possible by soldering out the EC chip and put it into a programmer, right? As I can't invest 100 bucks for a programmer I guess it's not possible then....

Backing up the EC is probably only possible by soldering out the EC chip and put it into a programmer, right? As I can't invest 100 bucks for a programmer I guess it's not possible then....
You need to send photo us EC chip.
after will conform can unlock via programmer or not.
Mostly newer model not support any programmer currently.Will useless if buy programmer or Ec not support.

Latest posts

Back