What's new

Ask HP Spectre x360 15-eb1000nf | DAX3BBMBAD0 | M08415-601

Question & Answer Forums

cjsixs

Registered member
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade the RAM on my HP Spectre x360 15-eb1000nf laptop. The current setup includes 16GB of soldered Samsung RAM (DDR4-2666 MHz, part number K4AAG165WB-MCTD). I'm considering upgrading to 32GB using the K4ABG165WA-MCWE, 2Gx16 chips, which operate at 3200MHz.

The actual chip replacement is not my main concern. However, I'm aware that I may need to change the SPD resistors to make the new RAM compatible. It's also highly possible that the system was not originally designed to support 32GB. And I suspect that the VRAM Configuration Table may need to be modified as well.

For additional context, both the original 16GB and the new 32GB chips are from the same series, so they should theoretically be compatible. My processor, an Intel i7-1165G7, is capable of supporting the 32GB RAM at 3200MHz, but I suspect that some frequency adjustments may be required somewhere in the system.

I have never undertaken such an operation before, so any advice or support would be greatly appreciated. I would highly value any insights or suggestions regarding this upgrade. Has anyone attempted something similar? What are your thoughts on BIOS modification for this purpose, especially for accommodating the higher RAM speed?

Additionally, I'm in need of the motherboard schematics and BRD files for this particular model. I'm also looking for the BIOS file for deeper analysis and potential modification. If anyone has access to these resources or knows where I can find them, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Back