What's new

Ask HP Omen 16 no display

Question & Answer Forums

fhulgzz

Registered member
Star Rating
5.00 star(s)
Hi I need help, I hope someone can help me.

Model: Omen 16 B0080TX
Board Code: DA0G3KMBCG0 REV:G

I have a hard time diagnosing because there is no schematics/boardview available yet, if you have, please share.

ISSUE
  • My personal laptop I used for my repairs. While in sleep mode it wont turn back on so I long press power button to turn "off" then press again to turn "on" and there the screen is black, no display
  • Charger is working
  • It has power, keyboard lights is on but CAPS LOCK light is not, looks like its freezing.
ACTION TAKEN
  • replace good ram
  • connected to external monitor HDMI
  • remove everything connected to motherboard and tried, still no display.
  • flash bios with clean ME and other working dump bios still no success.
IMG_20230905_134724.jpg
IMG_20230905_134707.jpg

This is the picture of the motherboard
Question 1: Please help me locate the RTC circuit, can't find it cause there is no schematics.

volts.jpg

This are the voltage measurements when power is on. Looks normal to me.

overheat.jpg

This coil near the SPI chip and wifi slot has unusual heat / overheating maybe, but there is no short on the caps around. I was thinking maybe this circuit is faulty.

10v.jpg

This is the IC near the coil that has unusual temperature or has overheating. The IC itself is overheating.
Question 2: Please help me identify this IC, so that I can try and replace it maybe this one is faulty.
Question 3: Is it safe to remove this IC and power it on? I'm asking because last time I remove some IC (on different motherboard) the component near it got burnt.

Hi I need help, I hope someone can help me.

Model: Omen 16 B0080TX
Board Code: DA0G3KMBCG0 REV:G

I have a hard time diagnosing because there is no schematics/boardview available yet, if you have, please share.

ISSUE
  • My personal laptop I used for my repairs. While in sleep mode it wont turn back on so I long press power button to turn "off" then press again to turn "on" and there the screen is black, no display
  • Charger is working
  • It has power, keyboard lights is on but CAPS LOCK light is not, looks like its freezing.
ACTION TAKEN
  • replace good ram
  • connected to external monitor HDMI
  • remove everything connected to motherboard and tried, still no display.
  • flash bios with clean ME and other working dump bios still no success.
IMG_20230905_134724.jpg
IMG_20230905_134707.jpg

This is the picture of the motherboard
Question 1: Please help me locate the RTC circuit, can't find it cause there is no schematics.

volts.jpg

This are the voltage measurements when power is on. Looks normal to me.

overheat.jpg

This coil near the SPI chip and wifi slot has unusual heat / overheating maybe, but there is no short on the caps around. I was thinking maybe this circuit is faulty.

10v.jpg

This is the IC near the coil that has unusual temperature or has overheating. The IC itself is overheating.
Question 2: Please help me identify this IC, so that I can try and replace it maybe this one is faulty.
Question 3: Is it safe to remove this IC and power it on? I'm asking because last time I remove some IC (on different motherboard) the component near it got burnt.
That is the 1.8V PCH chip power ic
Can you help me take a photo of the front and back areas of vga and io

That is the 1.8V PCH chip power ic
Can you help me take a photo of the front and back areas of vga and io
Hi thanks for your reply.
Warming or unusual heat on 1.8v IC is not normal right?

Here are the photos of IO and VGA

SIO.jpg

VGA.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the resistance measurement at 200 ohms range on multimeter.
Ground to ground resistance is 2.2 ohms.

200ohms3m.jpg

Try adding another BIOS to compare. If you have the same problem, you need to check the hardware

Back