What's new

BIOS BIOS Password Reset HP Spectre x360 13 (2017)

Hi. I have bought a used HP Spectre x360 13 (2017) (designated 13-ae00xx or 13-ae053na) which prompts for password upon opening the bios setup.
All the usual methods of removing the password don't work (I've tried removing battery for a while, flashing new version of BIOS, trying to crack the password using the Serial Number / the system code with online password crackers). I believe that maybe obtaining smc.bin / decrypting current BIOS dump / removing the chip and reflashing could work. Could you point me in the right direction?

I don't know how to read the BIOS. Is there any standard procedure? Any usual programs for reading it? I hope it doesn't require desoldering and putting into a programmer...

Hi. I have bought a used HP Spectre x360 13 (2017) (designated 13-ae00xx or 13-ae053na) which prompts for password upon opening the bios setup.
All the usual methods of removing the password don't work (I've tried removing battery for a while, flashing new version of BIOS, trying to crack the password using the Serial Number / the system code with online password crackers). I believe that maybe obtaining smc.bin / decrypting current BIOS dump / removing the chip and reflashing could work. Could you point me in the right direction?
Send here photo how look lock.Show any hint code?

Latest posts

Back